Vietnamese Summer Rolls: easy, quick, delicious, AND HEALTHY!
I promise you won’t feel like you’re eating rabbit food!
Now, I’ve grown up calling these things “spring rolls” or “Gỏi cuốn,” but I’ve noticed that a lot of Vietnamese restaurants are now calling these “Summer Rolls.” I’m not quite sure of the difference (neither is Wikipedia), but I do know that whatever you want to call them, they are delicious. Which may be a little surprising because all of the ingredients are boiled with very little seasoning (simple salt and pepper)–however–having the perfect peanut dipping sauce is also key to this refreshing delicacy. As you might know by now, I’m a fan of spicy, so I did add some heat to my peanut sauce, but as always, you can omit to your preference.
This recipe can also be used as a fun way to have the whole family involved with dinner–just delegate your assembly line and you’ll have spring rolls in no time!
Anyway–enough blabbering and more cooking, right?
Watch me prep, cook, and serve my Vietnamese Spring Rolls/Summer Rolls/Gỏi Cuốn here:
Time: 20 Minutes
1 package rice paper
1 package rice noodles (also known as vermicelli)
~1.5-2 lbs pork tenderloin
~1 lb boiled shrimp
1 head of lettuce
Salt & Pepper to taste
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
Chunky Peanut Butter
Chili Sauce (also known as chili paste)
Easy, right?? Stay tuned/subscribe for my next video: VEGETARIAN SPRING ROLLS!
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the perrrrfect recipe for you.
I’ve made regular old barbeque pulled pork in my crockpot plenty of times, but this time, I decided to switch it up and add the mother of all hot sauces: sriracha.
And then. AND THEN. I decided to put this on top of a taco.
Talk about a match made in heaven. But enough blabbering, let’s get down to the recipe.
Difficulty: SO EASY
Time: 4 hrs (keep in mind, this is a barely-touch crockpot recipe!)
You can watch me make prep, cook, and serve Sriracha BBQ Pulled Pork here:
2 lbs Pork Tenderloin
5 Cloves of Garlic
1 Red Onion
1-2 tbsp Cumin
1-2 tbsp Chili Powder
1-2 tbsp Cayenne
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup Sriracha
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Sriracha BBQ Pulled Pork
Raw Broccoli Slaw dressed with Sour Cream
- Peel your garlic cloves
- Slice the onion (into large rings)
- Lay the onion slices at the bottom of your crockpot
- Slice the jalapeno and add to the crockpot
- Season the pork tenderloin with 1-2 tbsp Cumin, 1-2 tbsp Chili Powder, 1-2 tbsp Cayenne, and salt/pepper to taste.
- (If you’re not big on spice, stick to using 1 tbsp of each spice)
- Cut small slits into the pork tenderloin and stuff the slits with the garlic cloves
- Lay the seasoned pork tenderloin on top of the onions and jalapenos in the crockpot
- Plug the crockpot in
- Set the cooking time to 4 hrs on high
- If you have the time, you can set it to 8 hours on low to reach maximum flavor/tenderness
- After the pork has finished cooking in the crockpot, add 1/4 cup of sriracha and a 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce
- Take a pair of tongs or a fork and shred the pork
- Assemble on top of corn tortillas
- For crunch, add broccoli slaw (mixed with sour cream) on top of the taco. Feel free to add an extra drizzle of sriracha to top it off!
- Tip: you can buy packaged broccoli slaw at your local grocery store to save you time from cutting it up yourself
SO EASY, right? Switch up your standard Taco Tuesday and give these sriracha bbq pulled pork tacos a try. You won’t regret it! Let me know in the comments what you think of this recipe! Olé! 🙂
If you don’t already have a crock pot and are in the market for one, you can purchase the same one I have here: http://amzn.to/1KFomor (SO WORTH THE INVESTMENT!)