Sriracha BBQ Pulled Pork: Slowcooker Recipe
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this is the perrrrfect recipe for you.
I’ve made regular old barbeque pulled pork in my crockpot plenty of times, but this time, I decided to switch it up and add the mother of all hot sauces: sriracha.
And then. AND THEN. I decided to put this on top of a taco.
Talk about a match made in heaven. But enough blabbering, let’s get down to the recipe.
Difficulty: SO EASY
Time: 4 hrs (keep in mind, this is a barely-touch crockpot recipe!)
You can watch me make prep, cook, and serve Sriracha BBQ Pulled Pork here:
2 lbs Pork Tenderloin
5 Cloves of Garlic
1 Red Onion
1-2 tbsp Cumin
1-2 tbsp Chili Powder
1-2 tbsp Cayenne
1/4 cup BBQ Sauce
1/4 cup Sriracha
Salt and Pepper (to taste)
Sriracha BBQ Pulled Pork
Raw Broccoli Slaw dressed with Sour Cream
- Peel your garlic cloves
- Slice the onion (into large rings)
- Lay the onion slices at the bottom of your crockpot
- Slice the jalapeno and add to the crockpot
- Season the pork tenderloin with 1-2 tbsp Cumin, 1-2 tbsp Chili Powder, 1-2 tbsp Cayenne, and salt/pepper to taste.
- (If you’re not big on spice, stick to using 1 tbsp of each spice)
- Cut small slits into the pork tenderloin and stuff the slits with the garlic cloves
- Lay the seasoned pork tenderloin on top of the onions and jalapenos in the crockpot
- Plug the crockpot in
- Set the cooking time to 4 hrs on high
- If you have the time, you can set it to 8 hours on low to reach maximum flavor/tenderness
- After the pork has finished cooking in the crockpot, add 1/4 cup of sriracha and a 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce
- Take a pair of tongs or a fork and shred the pork
- Assemble on top of corn tortillas
- For crunch, add broccoli slaw (mixed with sour cream) on top of the taco. Feel free to add an extra drizzle of sriracha to top it off!
- Tip: you can buy packaged broccoli slaw at your local grocery store to save you time from cutting it up yourself
SO EASY, right? Switch up your standard Taco Tuesday and give these sriracha bbq pulled pork tacos a try. You won’t regret it! Let me know in the comments what you think of this recipe! Olé! 🙂
If you don’t already have a crock pot and are in the market for one, you can purchase the same one I have here: http://amzn.to/1KFomor (SO WORTH THE INVESTMENT!)